Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime)

4 posters

Go down

What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime) Empty What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime)

Post by Hotspot Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:26 pm

What do you think of MirrorMei? See this for details

Do you like MirrorMei? Are they Anime or not?

Basically, MirrorMei although not a real definition. Is basically an anime like cartoon, "Mirror Anime" as said in the post.

What do you think about them? Do you like them or not?

Some MirrorMei include...

Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, Teen Titans etc...

I think many of them as long as they are made the right way can be extremely good!

I don't believe they are anime, because they would have to be made in Japan or another Asian country. I'm not sure, I'd have to look up the definition for anime!
Hotspot
Hotspot
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Male Posts : 48

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SuikoKyaCross/index/

Back to top Go down

What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime) Empty Re: What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime)

Post by Naiwen Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:09 am

First time hearin about it eh? But really strange name for it? XDD
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime) Empty Re: What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime)

Post by Kaynil Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 am

Cool, now what's the term for the opposite, Anime mirroing the wester cartoon style, like Pantsu & Stocking with Garterbelt?

I think the line is becoming thinner, I honestly think a bit childish to call them something from where they come form more so than the style they embrace.

anyway, so far I like them. I think they have been entertaining, I guess it would depend in the content, I think I wouldn't like it less simply because it is cartoon or anime style.

also the avatar was animated in an Asian country, even if it wasn't Japan, so if in a way you could consider it partly an anime, unless you are a Japanese puritan to define what's anime.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 am

Kaynil wrote:also the avatar was animated in an Asian country, even if it wasn't Japan, so if in a way you could consider it partly an anime, unless you are a Japanese puritan to define what's anime.

Well most American cartoons are animated in South Korea, so by your definition, every cartoon is partly an Anime.
Grungie
Grungie
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 am

Kaynil wrote:Cool, now what's the term for the opposite, Anime mirroing the wester cartoon style, like Pantsu & Stocking with Garterbelt?

I think the line is becoming thinner, I honestly think a bit childish to call them something from where they come form more so than the style they embrace.

anyway, so far I like them. I think they have been entertaining, I guess it would depend in the content, I think I wouldn't like it less simply because it is cartoon or anime style.

also the avatar was animated in an Asian country, even if it wasn't Japan, so if in a way you could consider it partly an anime, unless you are a Japanese puritan to define what's anime.
right on spot Kaynil! XDDD
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 am

Grungie wrote:
Kaynil wrote:also the avatar was animated in an Asian country, even if it wasn't Japan, so if in a way you could consider it partly an anime, unless you are a Japanese puritan to define what's anime.

Well most American cartoons are animated in South Korea, so by your definition, every cartoon is partly an Anime.
I can see where you're coming from but cartoons don't seem to share this 'geographical' problem. I think it even reinforces more the point I was trying to make in my past post. Still, I didn't know that, so yaay! What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime) 253468018
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 am

Also, please use the official templated next time...
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 am

Kaynil wrote:
Grungie wrote:

I can see where you're coming from but cartoons don't seem to share this 'geographical' problem. I think it even reinforces more the point I was trying to make in my past post. Still, I didn't know that, so yaay! What do you think about MirrorMei? (Mirrored Anime) 253468018

I think the problem is, is that people are trying to consider Anime as a separate genre, but in Japan, they don't call American cartoons something else, they just call it Anime because it's animated.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Grungie wrote:
Kaynil wrote:
Grungie wrote:

I think the problem is, is that people are trying to consider Anime as a separate genre, but in Japan, they don't call American cartoons something else, they just call it Anime because it's animated.
which is very weird to me because its not Japanese...
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Naiwen wrote:

That's what the clash between Anime fans and Mirrormei fans is. Anime fans try and think of Anime as a separate entity, but in Japan, all cartoons regardless of origin, is just called Anime. The funny thing, is the part of Japan not considering Anime and cartoons separate entities usually causes a huge flame war in most Anime forums when mentioned followed by comments of refusal to believe it.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

That's what the clash between Anime fans and Mirrormei fans is. Anime fans try and think of Anime as a separate entity, but in Japan, all cartoons regardless of origin, is just called Anime. The funny thing, is the part of Japan not considering Anime and cartoons separate entities usually causes a huge flame war in most Anime forums when mentioned followed by comments of refusal to believe it.
so thats the kicker eh?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down