Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Cosplay

+3
Naiwen
MoonCookieChan
Admiral
7 posters

Go down

Anime Cosplay Empty Anime Cosplay

Post by Admiral Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 am

What are your thoughts on Anime Cosplay?

For me anime cosplay is interesting to look at i like how some people look very similar to the anime characters shown on Tv.

Feel free to post anime cosplay pictures here.
Admiral
Admiral

Male Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Anime Cosplay Empty Re: Anime Cosplay

Post by MoonCookieChan Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Yes, I like to see the variations on the costumes.
But it's funny sometimes, though a little yuck, to see middle aged people dressed as Naruto. O.o
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm

MoonCookieChan wrote:Yes, I like to see the variations on the costumes.
But it's funny sometimes, though a little yuck, to see middle aged people dressed as Naruto. O.o
OMG, that does put me off indeed.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 am

I've only seen pictures myself, but yep.

Even though a majority of Naruto cosplayers, actually females mostly dress up as Naruto.

Which is strange...
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dsc Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Admiral wrote:What are your thoughts on Anime Cosplay?

For me anime cosplay is interesting to look at i like how some people look very similar to the anime characters shown on Tv.

I think it's fascinating, so much time and work must go into costumes a real labour of love. I only tend to see it though if it pops up in a Kotaku article. It's mostly videogames on there, but they do have Japanese culture/food/music/tv articles as well sometimes and quite a few on cosplay
dsc
dsc

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 am

I think itsw interesting to see people dress up like their favorite character.
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 pm

dsc wrote:
Admiral wrote:What are your thoughts on Anime Cosplay?

I think it's fascinating, so much time and work must go into costumes a real labour of love. I only tend to see it though if it pops up in a Kotaku article. It's mostly videogames on there, but they do have Japanese culture/food/music/tv articles as well sometimes and quite a few on cosplay
japanese cafés got good foods like pocky and tea and other japanese mochi, sushis ans stuff. Miam miam. XD
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Think about how much time they put into the costumes, people are seriously obsess with dressing up like anime characters, some people do it on a daily basis to get attention.
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 am

Admiral wrote:Think about how much time they put into the costumes, people are seriously obsess with dressing up like anime characters, some people do it on a daily basis to get attention.
you're including me in this because done this at an anime convention. XDD Anyway, anyone's been to a con?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't mind it. I used to want to cosplay, but I think I won't do it, specially as the years keeps on running. I would like to cosplay with something close with my body shape and features, I've seen some cosplay being really bad.

In the other hand, I've seen some pretty cool cosplay arounds. For exampl;e in videogames for Link's customes Pikminlink rules:

nuy pikminlink just in general rules for curomes, every different one I've seen has had a lot of care and very cool. I think there are also anime ones, but I cannot ensure it.

Anime Cosplay 3506225765
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

That's some seriously devoted cosplay - it must have taken some time to get to that level of costume. O.O
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:That's some seriously devoted cosplay - it must have taken some time to get to that level of costume. O.O
yeah eh daisy? they must have gotten their costumes at shops and stuff right? they cannot possible design such good costumes themselves.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 am

Naiwen wrote:
MoonCookieChan wrote:That's some seriously devoted cosplay - it must have taken some time to get to that level of costume. O.O
yeah eh daisy? they must have gotten their costumes at shops and stuff right? they cannot possible design such good costumes themselves.

That's right. I'd love to see those costume shops though, our costume shops are mostly rubbish. >.<
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:34 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

That's right. I'd love to see those costume shops though, our costume shops are mostly rubbish. >.<
must be some really luxurious costume design shops. XDD Anyway, these costumes seem to be of very high quality.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:56 am

The tunic looks really good quality.

pikminlink is a girl?? ...i always thought he was a hot guy, my heart is broken T_T..
[taken from top Youtube comment]

I just realized Pikmin Link is a girl... O.O She seriously looked like Link though.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 pm

I know! I excluded the 'she' part because I think it helps realise more that cosplaying is more about loving what you do and spending time in it and that it goes beyond your gender to make a good job at it.

And I also want to ensure you guys that one of the reasons that makes PikminLink and her kitty friend so special is because they create their own costumes.

They are more about 'bringing characters to life', so they take care ion themselves as much as they can to transform into the character in turn, at least visually and through poses. I really enjoy some of her photos compositions.

Search in Google image "pikminlink costumes" and you will see a few others that are not Zelda related. Anime Cosplay 265109619
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Kaynil wrote:I know! I excluded the 'she' part because I think it helps realise more that cosplaying is more about loving what you do and spending time in it and that it goes beyond your gender to make a good job at it.

And I also want to ensure you guys that one of the reasons that makes PikminLink and her kitty friend so special is because they create their own costumes.

They are more about 'bringing characters to life', so they take care ion themselves as much as they can to transform into the character in turn, at least visually and through poses. I really enjoy some of her photos compositions.

Search in Google image "pikminlink costumes" and you will see a few others that are not Zelda related. Anime Cosplay 265109619

I see. It does just show that any gendar can cosplay whomever they want, and very well too.
I can't believe she makes her own costumes - and they look so good? She must be very devoted indeed to spend so much time over costume designing and making them.
I enjoyed seeing the costumes on Pikmin Link's website (http://pikminlink.com) as she has many other types of costumes as well, nice to look at.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurairush Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't care for cosplay that much, as with some characters, the results aren't great.
Although I wanna dress up as Alucard from Hellsing..
Kurairush
Kurairush
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Male Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 am

Kurairush wrote:I don't care for cosplay that much, as with some characters, the results aren't great.
Although I wanna dress up as Alucard from Hellsing..

That should be hard to pull off, but you should have a try.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikram45 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 am

Anime Cosplay seems interesting especially Naruto. I have seen many people (mostly Japanese I believe) who can do great cosplay of Kakashi or even Itachi.
Ikram45
Ikram45
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Male Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down