Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good Romance Anime?

+4
Kaynil
LunarScorpio
Naiwen
Light
8 posters

Go down

A good Romance Anime? Empty A good Romance Anime?

Post by Light Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 am

Could someone please recommend a romance anime for me?
Light
Light
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

A good Romance Anime? Empty Re: A good Romance Anime?

Post by Naiwen Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:46 pm

All shojos are romance, imo. I'd suggest you to read my shojo thread. XD
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:41 am

Sailor Moon is big on romance, mixed with fighting bad guys which is always fun.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Female Posts : 38

http://familialramblings.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm

LunarScorpio wrote:Sailor Moon is big on romance, mixed with fighting bad guys which is always fun.
yep, one of the groundbreakers of the shojo genre. most representative one of the genre.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:27 pm

I disliked the Anime of Peach Girl, but the manga was what drew me to it, so I am unsure how you would feel about it. You may give it a try.

Another one could be Tokyo Mew Mew, but once again it is not a super special anime, still it is popular and you may like it.

I don't watch shojo often, so I have difficult to recall the few I've seen.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Agree with Peach Girl, didn't like the anime much, but the manga directed me towards it.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:52 pm

MoonCookieChan wrote:Agree with Peach Girl, didn't like the anime much, but the manga directed me towards it.
I immensely disliked this girlish and immature anime.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Naiwen wrote:
MoonCookieChan wrote:Agree with Peach Girl, didn't like the anime much, but the manga directed me towards it.

I actually preferred the Change of Heart, that was slightly better. But I didn't like the nime for some reason.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

MoonCookieChan wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

I actually preferred the Change of Heart, that was slightly better. But I didn't like the nime for some reason.

never watched that Anime, whats it about?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am

Peach Girl: Change of Heart is a follow on series.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by margesh Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:02 am

Toradaro is a good romance anime A good Romance Anime? 265109619
margesh
margesh

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ar.ciel Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 am

Tokyo Mew Mew is very standard one. I used to like it, but I won't really recommend it.

One romance series I would recommend is Kimi ni Todoke. Not only about romance but also about friendship and growing up. A very good one.
ar.ciel
ar.ciel

Female Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu May 10, 2012 1:02 pm

ar.ciel wrote:Tokyo Mew Mew is very standard one. I used to like it, but I won't really recommend it.

One romance series I would recommend is Kimi ni Todoke. Not only about romance but also about friendship and growing up. A very good one.
Also, its a inter-race kinda romance? XDD Not sure on that... I meant the Tokyo Mew-Mew.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 am

I enjoyed Ichigo 100%. I prefer you watch the Manga since the Anime just stops in the middle. You might have to stomach the silly pervy beginning, but when the story goes along farther it's pretty good and mostly drops the pervy stuff.
Grungie
Grungie

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Tue May 15, 2012 7:49 am

Grungie wrote:I enjoyed Ichigo 100%. I prefer you watch the Manga since the Anime just stops in the middle. You might have to stomach the silly pervy beginning, but when the story goes along farther it's pretty good and mostly drops the pervy stuff.
will take it into consideration, thank you... XDD Sometimes people advise others to read the Manga instead of watching the Anime, but sometimes the reverse could be preferable or better.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:I enjoyed Ichigo 100%. I prefer you watch the Manga since the Anime just stops in the middle. You might have to stomach the silly pervy beginning, but when the story goes along farther it's pretty good and mostly drops the pervy stuff.
will take it into consideration, thank you... XDD Sometimes people advise others to read the Manga instead of watching the Anime, but sometimes the reverse could be preferable or better.

Well it depends on the series for me, but since the anime stops in the middle of the story it's no contest which is better.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 am

Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

Well it depends on the series for me, but since the anime stops in the middle of the story it's no contest which is better.
No question, I dislike Clifhangers too.... XDDD I don't like it because well, its gonna go unfinished and undone so yeah, can't know the ending and won't like that.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Wed May 16, 2012 3:30 am

Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

No question, I dislike Clifhangers too.... XDDD I don't like it because well, its gonna go unfinished and undone so yeah, can't know the ending and won't like that.

It is frustrating when a really good anime ends in a cliffhanger. If they start the anime, then they should finish it.
Ouran, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! and Skip Beat! are just a few. At least with other romantic anime such as Lovely Complex and Special A for example, they made a tolerable make shift ending.
I can't think of anything else good, but maybe Toradora! and Ichigo 100% as Grungie and Naiwen recommended. I watched most of the series, and thought it was good.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed May 16, 2012 3:31 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:
Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:

It is frustrating when a really good anime ends in a cliffhanger. If they start the anime, then they should finish it.
Ouran, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! and Skip Beat! are just a few. At least with other romantic anime such as Lovely Complex and Special A for example, they made a tolerable make shift ending.
I can't think of anything else good, but maybe Toradora! and Ichigo 100% as Grungie and Naiwen recommended. I watched most of the series, and thought it was good.

And Fruits Basket too, the Anime's got a cliffhanger and its infuriating beyond belief, just my point there.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm

MoonCookieChan wrote:It is frustrating when a really good anime ends in a cliffhanger. If they start the anime, then they should finish it.

Which series? Toradora or Ichigo 100%? I enjoyed both. Funny coincidence when I was watching Toradora on Christmas break and the Christmas episode fit nicely with my break.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Mon May 28, 2012 7:23 am

Grungie wrote:
MoonCookieChan wrote:It is frustrating when a really good anime ends in a cliffhanger. If they start the anime, then they should finish it.

Which series? Toradora or Ichigo 100%? I enjoyed both. Funny coincidence when I was watching Toradora on Christmas break and the Christmas episode fit nicely with my break.

Toradora. I have only heard of Ichigo 100% before.

Sounds nice, nothing like Christmas anime episodes on Christmas.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Never got wind of either series... but will look for them. As they sound really nice.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 am

Naiwen wrote:
MoonCookieChan wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Never got wind of either series... but will look for them. As they sound really nice.

Mind you Ichigo 100% is pretty dirty in the first coupla chapters, but it starts to clean up as it goes on. You'll be rooting for one of the 3 heroines I trust you.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 am

Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:
MoonCookieChan wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Mind you Ichigo 100% is pretty dirty in the first coupla chapters, but it starts to clean up as it goes on. You'll be rooting for one of the 3 heroines I trust you.
Then I wouldn't get into it much... I mean, is it 100% nudes or just a wee bit?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Grungie Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 am

Naiwen wrote:
Then I wouldn't get into it much... I mean, is it 100% nudes or just a wee bit?

There's no nudity, they just talk about panties for like the first 2 chapters. After a couple of chapters it starts to get good, trust me. The first couple of chapters are the only bad parts of the series imo.
Grungie
Grungie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down