Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet?

3 posters

Go down

Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet? Empty Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet?

Post by Kaynil Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't really know and I have yet to read the book, but I found the manga and I started reading it through the local library. I liked how each volume seems to have a start and ending,s o you don't feel too throw out if you for some reason missed the past volume.

Since it is based on a book series and around volumen 5 or 6 the managaka mentioned they were halfway with the happenings of the books, I am supposing there are around 12-15 volumen total.

However I haven't seen them printed nor in scanlations, so I don't know if this work is more recent taht what I assumed (and is still being produced) or if it has been cancelled, or maybe it is out alright and I just haven't got to it.

Thus, I open this thread so you can kindly let me know the situation on it. Thank you.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet? Empty Re: Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet?

Post by MoonCookieChan Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:09 am

I've never heard of it before but Wikipedia says:

Cirque du Freak (ダレン・シャン Daren Shan
[color:178c=#00e] The series was
published in the magazine Shōnen Sunday from 2006 to 2009, and a total of 12 volumes were released in Japan by Shogakukan.

So I think 12 volumes is the answer, you're right. It isn't that old, it ran from 2006 to 2009.
Don't count on libraries to provide all the manga though, they don't stock half as nearly as many manga as they should, let alone a entire series... Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet? 1371890812
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet? Empty Re: Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet?

Post by Kaynil Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Yeah I checked Wikipedia, but as you quoted that is for Japan, I have no idea how the English printed versions are going.

That is right. I tried online scanlations but I can't find anything with them all, or hinting I could actually buy the volumes somewhere. Has Cirque Du freak been published all its volumes yet? 1371890812
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Apparently the 12th volume in English, in the US came out last month.
I can find them on Amazon too.
MoonCookieChan
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 am

I have never sampled the series, is that a good one?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:Apparently the 12th volume in English, in the US came out last month.
I can find them on Amazon too.
That's good to hear. Since taht means it has successfully been translated to Ebnglish.

Naiwen wrote:I have never sampled the series, is that a good one?
I think it is, but I am not sure if it is your cup of tea.
This manga is based in a book saga so you might rather to check the books first.
"Cirque du Freak" is just the name of the first book, but the manga took it for the whole story.
They are also 12 books divided in 4 trilogies and the whole saga is called "The Saga of Darren Shan.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:36 am

But I thought Cirque du Freak was a novel though? Maybe its just me, I just don't see it as a manga or an anime.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum