Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detective Conan

5 posters

Go down

Detective Conan Empty Detective Conan

Post by Naiwen Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 am

Its a sherlock holmes styled manga and anime. I watched and read both of them. I'd rather the manga myself, but yeah, it seemed to be ever lasting, so I gave up on it. I mean, it dragged on way too long. it had like 300+ episodes? I mean, wow.

Story/setting: Shinichi Kudo, a high school genius, who got straight As all the time, and he was out there, hunting criminals because he aimed to be a dectective like his father one day. And then, out of the blue, a secret organisation turned him into a child, thus putting him in a child's body, but having an adult's wits. So yeah, for him, that was a great letdown, because he couldn't be with Ran anymore, his long-time girlfriend.

Thoughts: the scenes where he got uber jealous because someone else was trying to flirt with Ran Mouri, were extremely hilarious. XD And that occured quite often. XD And oh yeah, another thing, Ran's father, Mr, Mouri, was an inept detective, who's skills at inducting and deduction=0. So yeah, he was always making a laughing stock of himself when he solved cases and stuff. He never got anything right in the case. He was always arresting the wrong person, an innocent, rather than the actual criminal.

Final recommendations in regards to DC, if you liked DN, then this one is for you. I mean, it's along the lines of the mastermind/machination genre. Akin to DN, but not quite equal to. So yeah, I'd recommend it for all DN, and Code Geass fans.

Last edited by Naiwen on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naiwen
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Detective Conan Empty Re: Detective Conan

Post by White Panda Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

I remember watching this late nights when I was in middle school, it made me so paranoid.. I remember watching one episode where the mom poisons her kid through food and for like a week I wouldn't eat anything my mom touched..
White Panda
White Panda
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Male Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

White Panda wrote:I remember watching this late nights when I was in middle school, it made me so paranoid.. I remember watching one episode where the mom poisons her kid through food and for like a week I wouldn't eat anything my mom touched..
why you so serious? XDD
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotspot Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:24 pm

I used to watch it on Cartoon Network when I was younger, it wasa nice show. I am amazed that they can make so many episodes and not run out of ideas! Detective Conan 1606880885
I guess it's just like how they have 3902834893 episodes of Law & Order and CSI.
If I was going to make a murder show/story, I'd probably run out of ideas quick! XD
Hotspot
Hotspot
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Male Posts : 48

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SuikoKyaCross/index/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 am

Hotspot wrote:I used to watch it on Cartoon Network when I was younger, it wasa nice show. I am amazed that they can make so many episodes and not run out of ideas! Detective Conan 1606880885
I guess it's just like how they have 3902834893 episodes of Law & Order and CSI.
If I was going to make a murder show/story, I'd probably run out of ideas quick! XD
Lots of intelligence and smartness on the show... And lots of murders too.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by James Lu Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Ah yes, I have some DVDs, but I haven't read the manga yet. I enjoyed what I've seen so far and his intelligence indeed parallels that of Holmes.
James Lu
James Lu

Male Posts : 17

http://antiquusforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:59 am

Till what espisodes have you watched them?
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikram45 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

300+ episodes would be pain to watch specially for someone like me who wants to start it. It sounds interesting and kinda' like Death Note so I might starting read this manga Detective Conan 1071211947
Ikram45
Ikram45
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Male Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 am

you think its got a DN feel to it? I don't find so though or however or albeit.
Naiwen
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum